For many who are considering homeownership, one of the first and biggest obstacles they face is cleaning up their credit score. The process won’t happen overnight, but AAFE Community Development Fund’s Access to Credit Counseling service can help to ease the transition. AAFE CDF counsels clients on their financial situation and works tirelessly with them to improve their credit score.
What topics are covered?
Our credit counselors will work with you to:
- assess your readiness for homeownership
- assist with the preparation of applications
- provide translation for applicants
- maintain records and tracking applicant’s information
- provide individual counselling for those with poor credit histories or budgeting problems
Who will be counseling me?
Our counseling services are conducted on a one-on-one basis with one of our trained Credit Counselors.
What are the eligibility requirements?
Our counseling services are offered to anyone, regardless of income.
What are the costs?
All our services are offered free of charge.
How can I schedule a counseling session?
AAFE CDF counselors will be available to provide one-on-one credit counseling sessions for eligible individuals and families. To schedule a credit counseling session please visit
Contact Us or call (212) 964-2288.